Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) (cricket) the period during which a given number of balls (6 in England but 8 in Australia) are bowled at the batsman by one player from the other team from the same end of the pitch
2. (r) at or to a point across intervening space etc.; "come over and see us some time" "over there"
3. (r) throughout an area; "he is known the world over"
4. (r) in such a manner as to be understood and accepted; "she cannot get her ideas across"
5. (r) throughout a period of time; "stay over the weekend"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.