Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the expense of maintaining property (e.g., paying property taxes and utilities and insurance) it does not include depreciation or the cost of financing or income taxes
2. (a) located or originating from above; "an overhead crossing"
3. (r) above your head; in the sky; "planes were flying overhead"
4. (n) (computer science) the processing time required by a device prior to the execution of a command
5. (r) above the head; over the head; "bring the legs together overhead"
6. (n) (computer science) the disk space required for non-data information (used for location and timing)
7. (n) a transparency for use with an overhead projector
8. (n) (nautical) the top surface of an enclosed space on a ship
9. (n) a hard return hitting the tennis ball above your head
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.