Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) walk with slow or fast paces; "He paced up and down the hall"
2. (n) the rate of moving (especially walking or running)
3. (v) go at a pace; "The horse paced"
4. (n) the distance covered by a step; "he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig"
5. (n) the relative speed of progress or change; "he lived at a fast pace" "he works at a great rate" "the pace of events accelerated"
6. (v) measure (distances) by pacing; "step off ten yards"
7. (v) regulate or set the pace of; "Pace your efforts"
8. (n) a step in walking or running
9. (n) the rate of some repeating event
10. (n) a unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.