Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a symptom of some physical hurt or disorder; "the patient developed severe pain and distension"
2. (v) cause bodily suffering to
3. (n) emotional distress; a fundamental feeling that people try to avoid; "the pain of loneliness"
4. (v) cause emotional anguish or make miserable; "It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"
5. (n) a somatic sensation of acute discomfort; "as the intensity increased the sensation changed from tickle to pain"
6. (n) a bothersome annoying person; "that kid is a terrible pain"
7. (n) something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness; "washing dishes was a nuisance before we got a dish washer" "a bit of a bother" "he''s not a friend, he''s an infliction"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.