Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (s) made of paper; "they wore paper hats at the party"
2. (v) cover with paper; "paper the box"
3. (n) a material made of cellulose pulp derived mainly from wood or rags or certain grasses
4. (n) an essay (especially one written as an assignment) "he got an A on his composition"
5. (v) cover with wallpaper
6. (n) a daily or weekly publication on folded sheets; contains news and articles and advertisements; "he read his newspaper at breakfast"
7. (n) a scholarly article describing the results of observations or stating hypotheses; "he has written many scientific papers"
8. (n) medium for written communication; "the notion of an office running without paper is absurd"
9. (n) a business firm that publishes newspapers; "Murdoch owns many newspapers"
10. (n) a newspaper as a physical object; "when it began to rain he covered his head with a newspaper"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.