Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) something having the property of being analogous to something else
2. (v) be parallel to; "Their roles are paralleled by ours"
3. (a) being everywhere equidistant and not intersecting; "parallel lines never converge" "concentric circles are parallel" "dancers in two parallel rows"
4. (n) an imaginary line around the Earth parallel to the equator
5. (v) make or place parallel to something; "They paralleled the ditch to the highway"
6. (s) of or relating to the simultaneous performance of multiple operations; "parallel processing"
7. (v) duplicate or match; "The polished surface twinned his face and chest in reverse"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.