Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a large area of land preserved in its natural state as public property; "there are laws that protect the wildlife in this park"
2. (v) place temporarily; "park the car in the yard" "park the children with the in-laws" "park your bag in this locker"
3. (n) a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area; "they went for a walk in the park"
4. (v) maneuver a vehicle into a parking space; "Park the car in front of the library" "Can you park right here?"
5. (n) a facility in which ball games are played (especially baseball games) "take me out to the ballpark"
6. (n) Scottish explorer in Africa (1771-1806)
7. (n) a lot where cars are parked
8. (n) a gear position that acts as a parking brake; "the put the car in park and got out"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.