Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) an organization to gain political power; "in 1992 Perot tried to organize a third party at the national level"
2. (v) have or participate in a party; "The students were partying all night before the exam"
3. (n) an occasion on which people can assemble for social interaction and entertainment; "he planned a party to celebrate Bastille Day"
4. (n) a band of people associated temporarily in some activity; "they organized a party to search for food" "the company of cooks walked into the kitchen"
5. (n) a group of people gathered together for pleasure; "she joined the party after dinner"
6. (n) a person involved in legal proceedings; "the party of the first part"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.