Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the time that has elapsed; "forget the past"
2. (a) earlier than the present time; no longer current; "time past" "his youth is past" "this past Thursday" "the past year"
3. (r) so as to pass a given point; "every hour a train goes past"
4. (n) a earlier period in someone''s life (especially one that they have reason to keep secret) "reporters dug into the candidate''s past"
5. (n) a verb tense that expresses actions or states in the past
6. (a) a verb tense or other construction referring to events or states that existed at some previous time; "past participle"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.