Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) an article deposited as security
2. (v) leave as a guarantee in return for money; "pawn your grandfather''s gold watch"
3. (n) a person used by another to gain an end
4. (n) (chess) the least powerful piece; moves only forward and captures only to the side; it can be promoted to a more powerful piece if it reaches the 8th rank
5. (n) borrowing and leaving an article as security for repayment of the loan
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.