Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished; "they drew up a six-step plan" "they discussed plans for a new bond issue"
2. (v) have the will and intention to carry out some action; "He plans to be in graduate school next year" "The rebels had planned turmoil and confusion"
3. (n) an arrangement scheme; "the awkward design of the keyboard made operation difficult" "it was an excellent design for living" "a plan for seating guests"
4. (v) make plans for something; "He is planning a trip with his family"
5. (n) scale drawing of a structure; "the plans for City Hall were on file"
6. (v) make or work out a plan for; devise; "They contrived to murder their boss" "design a new sales strategy" "plan an attack"
7. (v) make a design of; plan out in systematic, often graphic form; "design a better mousetrap" "plan the new wing of the museum"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.