Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) buildings for carrying on industrial labor; "they built a large plant to manufacture automobiles"
2. (v) put or set (seeds or seedlings) into the ground; "Let''s plant flowers in the garden"
3. (n) a living organism lacking the power of locomotion
4. (v) fix or set securely or deeply; "He planted a knee in the back of his opponent" "The dentist implanted a tooth in the gum"
5. (n) something planted secretly for discovery by another; "the police used a plant to trick the thieves" "he claimed that the evidence against him was a plant"
6. (v) set up or lay the groundwork for; "establish a new department"
7. (v) place into a river; "plant fish"
8. (n) an actor situated in the audience whose acting is rehearsed but seems spontaneous to the audience
9. (v) place something or someone in a certain position in order to secretly observe or deceive; "Plant a spy in Moscow" "plant bugs in the dissident''s apartment"
10. (v) put firmly in the mind; "Plant a thought in the students" minds"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.