Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a secret scheme to do something (especially something underhand or illegal) "they concocted a plot to discredit the governor" "I saw through his little game from the start"
2. (v) plan secretly, usually something illegal; "They plotted the overthrow fo the government"
3. (n) a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation; "a bean plot" "a cabbage patch" "a briar patch"
4. (v) make a schematic or technical drawing of that shows how things work or how they are constructed
5. (n) the story that is told in a novel or play or movie etc.; "the characters were well drawn but the plot was banal"
6. (v) make a plat of; "Plat the town"
7. (n) a chart or map showing the movements or progress of an object
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.