Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the trait of showing courage and determination in spite of possible loss or injury
2. (v) pull or pull out sharply; "pluck the flowers off the bush"
3. (n) the act of pulling and releasing a taut cord
4. (v) sell something to or obtain something from by energetic and especially underhanded activity
5. (v) rip off; ask an unreasonable price
6. (v) pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion; "he plucked the strings of his mandolin"
7. (v) strip of feathers; "pull a chicken" "pluck the capon"
8. (v) look for and gather; "pick mushrooms" "pick flowers"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.