Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a small pouch inside a garment for carrying small articles
2. (v) put in one''s pocket; "He pocketed the change"
3. (n) an enclosed space; "the trapped miners found a pocket of air"
4. (v) take unlawfully
5. (n) a supply of money; "they dipped into the taxpayers" pockets"
6. (n) (bowling) the space between the headpin and the pins next bnehind it on the right or left; "the ball hit the pocket and gave him a perfect strike"
7. (n) a hollow concave shape made by removing something
8. (n) a local region of low pressure or descending air that causes a plane to lose height suddenly
9. (n) a small isolated group of people; "they were concentrated in pockets inside the city" "the battle was won except for cleaning up pockets of resistance"
10. (n) (anatomy) saclike structure in any of various animals (as a marsupial or gopher or pelican)
11. (n) an opening at the corner or on the side of a billiard table into which billiard balls are struck
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.