Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (a) regarded with great favor, approval, or affection especially by the general public; "a popular tourist attraction" "a popular girl" "cabbage patch dolls are no longer popular"
2. (s) carried on by or for the people (or citizens) at large; "the popular vote" "popular representation" "institutions of popular government"
3. (s) representing or appealing to or adapted for the benefit of the people at large; "democratic art forms" "a democratic or popular movement" "popular thought" "popular science" "popular fiction"
4. (s) comprehensible to the general public; "written for the popular press in plain nontechnical language"
5. (s) (of music or art) new and of general appeal (especially among young people)
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.