Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the state of being present; current existence; "he tested for the presence of radon"
2. (n) the immediate proximity of someone or something; "she blushed in his presence" "he sensed the presence of danger" "he was well behaved in front of company"
3. (n) an invisible spiritual being felt to be nearby
4. (n) the impression that something is present; "he felt the presence of an evil force"
5. (n) dignified manner or conduct
6. (n) the act of being present
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.