Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a feeling of self-respect and personal worth
2. (v) be proud of; "He prides himself on making it into law school"
3. (n) satisfaction with your (or another''s) achievements; "he takes pride in his son''s success"
4. (n) the trait of being spurred on by a dislike of falling below your standards
5. (n) a group of lions
6. (n) unreasonable and inordinate self-esteem (personified as one of the deadly sins)
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.