Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a system of projects or services intended to meet a public need; "he proposed an elaborate program of public works" "working mothers rely on the day care program"
2. (v) arrange a program of or for; "program the 80th birthday party"
3. (v) write a computer program
4. (n) a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished; "they drew up a six-step plan" "they discussed plans for a new bond issue"
5. (n) (computer science) a sequence of instructions that a computer can interpret and execute; "the program required several hundred lines of code"
6. (n) an integrated course of academic studies; "he was admitted to a new program at the university"
7. (n) a radio or television show; "did you see his program last night?"
8. (n) a performance (or series of performances) at a public presentation; "the program lasted more than two hours"
9. (n) a document stating the aims and principles of a political party; "their candidate simply ignored the party platform" "they won the election even though they offered no positive program"
10. (n) an announcement of the events that will occur as part of a theatrical or sporting event; "you can''t tell the players without a program"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.