Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) any area set aside for a particular purpose; "who owns this place?" "the president was concerned about the property across from the White House"
2. (n) something owned; any tangible or intangible possession that is owned by someone; "that hat is my property" "he is a man of property"
3. (n) a basic or essential attribute shared by all members of a class; "a study of the physical properties of atomic particles"
4. (n) a construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished; "self-confidence is not an endearing property"
5. (n) any movable articles or objects used on the set of a play or movie; "before every scene he ran down his checklist of props"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.