Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women) "she reached into her bag and found a comb"
2. (v) contract one''s lips into a rounded shape
3. (n) a sum of money spoken of as the contents of a money purse; "he made the contribution out of his own purse" "he and his wife shared a common purse"
4. (v) gather or contract into wrinkles or folds; pucker; "purse ones''s lips"
5. (n) a small bag for carrying money
6. (n) a sum of money offered as a prize; "the purse barely covered the winner''s expenses"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.