Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the option to sell a given stock (or stock index or commodity future) at a given price before a given date
2. (v) put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here" "Set the tray down" "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children" "Place emphasis on a certain point"
3. (v) cause to be in a certain state; cause to be in a certain relation; "That song put me in awful good humor"
4. (v) formulate in a particular style or language; "I wouldn''t put it that way" "She cast her request in very polite language"
5. (v) attribute or give; "She put too much emphasis on her the last statement" "He put all his efforts into this job" "The teacher put an interesting twist to the interpretation of the story"
6. (v) make an investment; "Put money into bonds"
7. (v) estimate; "We put the time of arrival at 8 P.M."
8. (v) cause (someone) to undergo something; "He put her to the torture"
9. (v) adapt; "put these words to music"
10. (v) arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events, etc.; "arrange my schedule" "set up one''s life" "I put these memories with those of bygone times"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.