Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) "johnny" was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War; "grayback" derived from their gray Confederate uniforms
2. (v) take part in a rebellion; renounce a former allegiance
3. (s) used by northerners of Confederate soldiers; "the rebel yell"
4. (n) a person who takes part in an armed rebellion against the constituted authority (especially in the hope of improving conditions)
5. (v) break with established customs
6. (n) someone who exhibits great independence in thought and action
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.