Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) (usually preceded by "in'') a detail or point; "it differs in that respect"
2. (v) deem to be; "She views this quite differently from me" "I consider her to be shallow" "I don''t see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
3. (n) paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people) "his attentiveness to her wishes" "he spends without heed to the consequences"
4. (v) look at attentively
5. (v) connect closely and often incriminatingly; "This new ruling affects your business"
6. (n) (usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone''s welfare; "give him my kind regards" "my best wishes"
7. (n) a long fixed look; "he fixed his paternal gaze on me"
8. (n) the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded) "it is held in esteem" "a man who has earned high regard"
9. (n) a feeling of friendship and esteem; "she mistook his manly regard for love" "he inspires respect"
10. (n) an attitude of admiration or esteem; "she lost all respect for him"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.