Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a formal message requesting something that is submitted to an authority
2. (v) express the need or desire for; ask for; "She requested an extra bed in her room" "She called for room service"
3. (n) the verbal act of requesting
4. (v) ask (a person) to do something; "She asked him to be here at noon" "I requested that she type the entire manuscript"
5. (v) inquire for (information) "I requested information from the secretary"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.