Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) (usually preceded by "in'') a detail or point; "it differs in that respect"
2. (v) regard highly; think much of; "I respect his judgement" "We prize his creativity"
3. (n) the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded) "it is held in esteem" "a man who has earned high regard"
4. (v) show respect towards; "honor your parents!"
5. (n) an attitude of admiration or esteem; "she lost all respect for him"
6. (n) a courteous expression (by word or deed) of esteem or regard; "his deference to her wishes was very flattering" "be sure to give my respects to the dean"
7. (n) behavior intended to please your parents; "their children were never very strong on obedience" "he went to law school out of respect for his father''s wishes"
8. (n) a feeling of friendship and esteem; "she mistook his manly regard for love" "he inspires respect"
9. (n) courteous regard for people''s feelings; "in deference to your wishes" "out of respect for his privacy"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.