Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a change from one state to the opposite state; "there was a reversal of autonomic function"
2. (n) an unfortunate happening that hinders of impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating
3. (n) turning in an opposite direction or position; "the reversal of the image in the lens"
4. (n) a decision to reverse an earlier decision
5. (n) a judgment by a higher court that the judgment of a lower court was incorrect and should be set aside
6. (n) turning in the opposite direction
7. (n) the act of reversing the order or place of
8. (n) a reversal in attitude or principle or point of view; "an about-face on foreign policy"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.