Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (a) relating to languages derived from Latin; "Romance languages"
2. (v) make amorous advances towards; "John is courting Mary"
3. (n) a relationship between two lovers
4. (v) have a love affair with
5. (n) an exciting and mysterious quality (as of a heroic time or adventure)
6. (n) the group of languages derived from Latin
7. (v) talk or behave amorously, without serious intentions; "The guys always try to chat up the new secretaries" "My husband never flirts with other women"
8. (n) a story dealing with love
9. (v) tell romantic or exaggerated lies; "This author romanced his trip to an exotic country"
10. (n) a novel dealing with idealized events remote from everyday life
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.