Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a period of the year marked by special events or activities in some field; "he celebrated his 10th season with the ballet company" "she always looked forward to the avocado season"
2. (v) lend flavor to; "Season the chicken breast after roasting it"
3. (n) one of the natural periods into which the year is divided by the equinoxes and solstices or atmospheric conditions; "the regular sequence of the seasons"
4. (v) make fit; "This trip will season even the hardiest traveller"
5. (n) a recurrent time marked by major holidays; "it was the Christmas season"
6. (v) make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else; moderate; "she tempered her criticism"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.