Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) shape or influence; give direction to; "experience often determines ability" "mold public opinion"
2. (n) any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline) "he could barely make out their shapes through the smoke"
3. (n) the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance; "geometry is the mathematical science of shape"
4. (v) make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the riceballs carefully" "Form cylinders from the dough" "shape a figure" "Work the metal into a sword"
5. (n) alternative names for the body of a human being; "Leonardo studied the human body" "he has a strong physique" "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"
6. (v) give a shape or form to; "shape the dough"
7. (n) a concrete representation of an otherwise nebulous concept; "a circle was the embodiment of his concept of life"
8. (n) the visual appearance of something or someone; "the delicate cast of his features"
9. (n) the state of (good) health (especially in the phrases "in condition" or "in shape" or "out of condition" or "out of shape'')
10. (n) the supremem headquarters that advises NATO on military matters and oversees all aspects of the Allied Command Europe
11. (n) a perceptual structure; "the composition presents problems for students of musical form" "a visual pattern must include not only objects but the spaces between them"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.