Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) have in common; "Our children share a love of music" "The two countries share a long border"
2. (n) any of the equal portions into which the capital stock of a corporation is divided and ownership of which is evidenced by a stock certificate; "he bought 100 shares of IBM at the market price"
3. (v) use jointly or in common
4. (n) assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group; "he wanted his share in cash"
5. (n) the result of parcelling out or sharing; "death gets more than its share of attention from theologicans"
6. (v) have, give, or receive a share of; "We shared the cake"
7. (v) give out as one''s portion or share
8. (n) any one of a number of individual efforts in a common endeavor; "I am proud of my contribution to the team''s success" "they all did their share of the work"
9. (n) a sharp steel wedge that cuts loose the top layer of soil
10. (v) communicate; "I''d like to share this idea with you"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.