Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the part of the body between the neck and the upper arm
2. (v) lift onto one''s shoulders
3. (n) a cut of beef from the shoulder of the animal
4. (v) push with the shoulders; "He shouldered his way into the crowd"
5. (n) a ball-and-socket joint between the head of the humerus and a cavity of the scapula
6. (v) carry a burden, either real or metaphoric; "shoulder the burden"
7. (n) narrow edge of land (usually unpaved) along the side of a road
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.