Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) estrangement from god
2. (v) commit a sin; violate a law of God or a moral law
3. (n) an act that is regarded by theologians as a transgression of God''s will
4. (v) commit a faux pas or a fault or make a serious mistake; "I blundered during the job interview"
5. (n) ratio of the opposite side to the hypotenuse of a right-angled triangle
6. (n) (Akkadian) god of the moon; counterpart of Sumerian Nanna
7. (n) the 21st letter of the Hebrew alphabet
8. (n) violent and excited activity; "they began to fight like sin"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.