Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) preliminary drawing for later elaboration; "he made several studies before starting to paint"
2. (v) make a sketch of; "sketch the building"
3. (n) a brief literary description
4. (v) describe roughly or briefly or give the main points or summary of; "sketch the outline of the book" "outline his ideas"
5. (n) short descriptive summary (of events)
6. (n) a humorous or satirical drawing published in a newspaper or magazine
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.