Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a natural and periodic state of rest during which consciousness of the world is suspended; "he didn''t get enough sleep last night" "calm as a child in dreamless slumber"
2. (v) be asleep
3. (n) a torpid state resembling sleep
4. (v) be able to accommodate for sleeping; "This tent sleeps six people"
5. (n) a period of time spent sleeping; "he felt better after a little sleep" "there wasn''t time for a nap"
6. (n) euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb) "she was laid to rest beside her husband" "they had to put their family pet to sleep"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.