Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) slanderous defamation
2. (v) stain by smearing or daubing with a dirty substance
3. (n) a thin tissue or blood sample spread on a glass slide and stained for cytologic examination and diagnosis under a microscope
4. (v) make a smudge on; soil by smudging
5. (n) a blemish made by dirt; "he had a smudge on his cheek"
6. (v) cover (a surface) by smearing (a substance) over it; "smear the wall with paint" "daub the ceiling with plaster"
7. (n) an act that brings discredit to the person who does it; "he made a huge blot on his copybook"
8. (v) charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone; "The journalists have defamed me!" "The article in the paper sullied my reputation"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.