Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) inhale and exhale smoke from cigarettes, cigars, pipes; "We never smoked marijuana" "Do you smoke?"
2. (n) a cloud of fine particles suspended in a gas
3. (v) emit a cloud of fine particles; "The chimney was fuming"
4. (n) a hot vapor containing fine particles of carbon being produced by combustion; "the fire produced a tower of black smoke that could be seen for miles"
5. (n) an indication of some hidden activity; "with all that smoke there must be a fire somewhere"
6. (n) something with no concrete substance; "his dreams all turned to smoke" "it was just smoke and mirrors"
7. (n) tobacco leaves that have been made into a cylinder
8. (n) street names for marijuana
9. (n) the act of smoking tobacco or other substances; "he went outside for a smoke" "smoking stinks"
10. (n) (baseball) a pitch thrown with maximum velocity; "he swung late on the fastball" "he showed batters nothing but smoke"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.