Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) the state of being covered with unclean things
2. (v) make soiled, filthy, or dirty; "don''t soil your clothes when you play outside!"
3. (n) the part of the earth''s surface consisting of humus and disintegrated rock
4. (n) material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use) "the land had never been plowed" "good agricultural soil"
5. (n) the geographical area under the jurisdiction of a sovereign state; "American troops were stationed on Japanese soil"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.