Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (v) step on it; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests" "The cars raced down the street"
2. (n) distance travelled per unit time
3. (v) move faster; "The car accelerated"
4. (n) a rate (usually rapid) at which something happens; "the project advanced with gratifying speed"
5. (v) travel at an excessive or illegal velocity; "I got a ticket for speeding"
6. (n) changing location rapidly
7. (n) the ratio of the focal length to the diameter of a (camera) lens system
8. (v) move very fast; "The runner zipped past us at breakneck speed"
9. (n) a central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite; used to treat narcolepsy and some forms of depression
10. (v) cause to move faster; "He accelerated the car"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.