Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) personnel who assist their superior in carrying out an assigned task; "the hospital has an excellent nursing staff" "the general relied on his staff to make routine decisions"
2. (v) provide with staff; "This position is not always staffed"
3. (n) the body of teachers and administrators at a school; "the dean addressed the letter to the entire staff of the university"
4. (v) serve on the staff of; "The two men staff the reception desk"
5. (n) a strong rod or stick with a specialized utilitarian purpose; "he walked with the help of a wooden staff"
6. (n) building material consisting of plaster and hair; used to cover external surfaces of temporary structure (as at an exposition) or for decoration
7. (n) a rod carried as a symbol
8. (n) (music) the system of five horizontal lines on which the musical notes are written
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.