Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) an unsteady uneven gait
2. (v) walk as if unable to control one''s movements; "The drunken man staggered into the room"
3. (v) walk with great difficulty; "He staggered along in the heavy snow"
4. (v) to arrange in a systematic order; "stagger the chairs in the lecture hall"
5. (v) astound or overwhelm, as with shock; "She was staggered with bills after she tried to rebuild her house following the earthquake"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.