Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a message that is stated or declared; a communication (oral or written) setting forth particulars or facts etc; "according to his statement he was in London on that day"
2. (n) a fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true; "it was a strong argument that his hypothesis was true"
3. (n) (music) the presentation of a musical theme; "the initial statement of the sonata"
4. (n) a nonverbal message; "a Cadillac makes a statement about who you are" "his tantrums are a statement of his need for attention"
5. (n) the act of affirming or asserting or stating something
6. (n) (computer science) a line of code written as part of a computer program
7. (n) a document showing credits and debits
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.