Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a thoroughfare (usually including sidewalks) that is lined with buildings; "they walked the streets of the small town" "he lives on Nassau Street"
2. (n) the part of a thoroughfare between the sidewalks; the part of the thoroughfare on which vehicles travel; "be careful crossing the street"
3. (n) the streets of a city viewed as a depressed environment in which there is poverty and crime and prostitution and dereliction; "she tried to keep her children off the street"
4. (n) a situation offering opportunities; "he worked both sides of the street" "cooperation is a two-way street"
5. (n) people living or working on the same street; "the whole street protested the absence of street lights"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.