Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a relatively long narrow piece of something; "he felt a flat strip of muscle"
2. (v) take away possessions from someone; "The Nazis stripped the Jews of all their assets"
3. (n) artifact consisting of a narrow flat piece of material
4. (v) get undressed; "please don''t undress in front of everybody!" "She strips in front of strangers every night for a living"
5. (n) an airfield without normal airport facilities
6. (v) remove the surface from; "strip wood"
7. (v) remove substances from by a percolating liquid; "leach the soil"
8. (n) a sequence of drawings telling a story in a newspaper or comic book
9. (v) lay bare; "denude a forest"
10. (n) thin piece of wood or metal
11. (n) a form of erotic entertainment in which a dancer gradually undresses to music; "she did a strip right in front of everyone"
12. (v) steal goods; take as spoils; "During the earthquake people looted the stores that were deserted by their owners"
13. (v) remove all contents or possession from, or empty completely; "The boys cleaned the sandwich platters" "The trees were cleaned of apples by the storm"
14. (v) strip the cured leaves from; "strip tobacco"
15. (v) remove the thread (of screws)
16. (v) remove a constituent from a liquid
17. (v) take off or remove; "strip a wall of its wallpaper"
18. (v) draw the last milk (of cows)
19. (v) remove (someone''s or one''s own) clothes; "The nurse quickly undressed the accident victim" "She divested herself of her outdoor clothes" "He disinvested himself of his garments"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.