Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) that which has mass and occupies space; "an atom is the smallest indivisible unit of matter"
2. (n) the stuff of which an object consists
3. (n) the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor''s argument" "the heart and soul of the Republican Party" "the nub of the story"
4. (n) the idea that is intended; "What is the meaning of this proverb?"
5. (n) considerable capital (wealth or income) "he is a man of means"
6. (n) what a communication that is about something is about
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.