Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a person who backs a politician or a team etc.; "all their supporters came out for the game" "they are friends of the library"
2. (n) someone who supports or champions something
3. (n) a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "my invaluable assistant" "they hired additional help to finish the work"
4. (n) a band (usually elastic) worn around the leg to hold up a stocking (or around the arm to hold up a sleeve)
5. (n) a support for the genitals worn by men engaging in strenuous exercise
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.