Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a detailed critical inspection
2. (v) consider in a comprehensive way; "He appraised the situation carefully before acting"
3. (n) short descriptive summary (of events)
4. (v) look over in a comprehensively, inspect; "He surveyed his new classmates"
5. (n) the act of looking or seeing or observing; "he tried to get a better view of it" "his survey of the battlefield was limited"
6. (v) keep under surveillance; "The police had been following him for weeks but they could not prove his involvement in the bombing"
7. (v) hold a review (of troops)
8. (v) make a survey of; for statistical purposes
9. (v) plot a map of (land)
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.