Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1"
2. (v) hold back to a later time; "let''s postpone the exam"
3. (n) a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table"
4. (n) a piece of furniture with tableware for a meal laid out on it; "I reserved a table at my favorite restaurant"
5. (n) flat tableland with steep edges; "the tribe was relatively safe on the mesa but they had to descend into the valley for water"
6. (n) a company of people assembled at a table for a meal or game; "he entertained the whole table with his witty remarks"
7. (n) food or meals in general; "she sets a fine table" "room and board"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.