Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water; "iced tea is a cooling drink"
2. (n) a light midafternoon meal of tea and sandwiches or cakes; "an Englishman would interrupt a war to have his afternoon tea"
3. (n) dried leaves of the tea shrub; used to make tea; "the store shelves held many different kinds of tea" "they threw the tea into Boston harbor"
4. (n) a reception or party at which tea is served; "we met at the Dean''s tea for newcomers"
5. (n) a tropical evergreen shrub or small tree extensively cultivated in e.g. China and Japan and India; source of tea leaves; "tea has fragrant white flowers"
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.