Find a word
Dictionary definition for:
1. (n) a word or expression used for some particular thing; "he learned many medical terms"
2. (v) name formally or designate with a term
3. (n) a limited period of time; "a prison term" "he left school before the end of term"
4. (n) (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement; "the contract set out the conditions of the lease" "the terms of the treaty were generous"
5. (n) any distinct quantity contained in a polynomial; "the general term of an algebraic equation of the n-th degree"
6. (n) one of the substantive phrases in a logical proposition; "the major term of a syllogism must occur twice"
7. (n) the end of gestation or point at which birth is imminent; "a healthy baby born at full term"
8. (n) (architecture) a statue or a human bust or an animal carved out of the top of a square pillar; originally used as a boundary marker in ancient Rome
WordNet 2.1 Copyright Princeton University. All rights reserved.